Tel: 0207 597 6125 | email@example.com
16 Old Bailey
London EC4M 7EG
Michael Gouriet qualified as a family law arbitrator in February 2014.
Michael joined Withers LLP in September 1993, and became a partner in the family law team in January 2002.
Michael advises on all aspects of family law with particular emphasis on:
- the resolution of complex financial issues for wealthy individuals with international interests – and whether on divorce or the breakdown of unmarried relationships
- trusts and inherited wealth
- business interests
- international child relocation
- cohabitation disputes
Michael sits on the cohabitation working group of Resolution and is also a trained collaborative lawyer.
Michael is recommended as a leading family lawyer in Chambers & Partners, in which he has variously been described as:
- ‘a real class act’;
- ‘measured, sensible and knows his law’;
- ‘is just excellent and often sought after by high net worth individuals’;
- ‘highly intelligent, very efficient and a pleasure to deal with – a really strong practitioner’.
Michael is listed in Spears’ Index of top family lawyers 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Michael is described in Citywealth’s Leaders List 2014 as ‘an exceptionally thorough and able solicitor…thinking outside and inside the box which so many of the bigger financial cases need’.
Michael acted in the following reported cases:
- OS v DS  creating a new precedent for asset-tracing;
- in Tchenguiz-Imerman v Imerman [CA 2010], which changed the law on disclosure and confidentiality of documents in divorce proceedings;
- and in the further reported decisions of Tchenguiz-Imerman v Imerman  relating to the joinder of trust beneficiaries to financial proceedings on divorce and consequential disclosure.
- C v D  – international child relocation, which developed law in shared care arrangements
Collaborative Lawyer, Solicitor
, South East