- Big Money Assets
- Child Maintenance
- Children Financial Disputes
- Civil Partnership
- Cohabitation Claims
- Family or Small Business
- Farming Cases
- Finances and Foreign Divorce
- Inheritance Act Claims
- Middle Range Assets
- Modest Assets
- UK Pensions
T: 020 7353 2532 | email@example.com
Michael is a Barrister practising exclusively in Family Law. Prior to becoming a Barrister Michael practised as a Solicitor for over 20 years.
He has specialist experience in family law matters with a particular emphasis on matrimonial finance claims, including high value financial claims and disputes involving business assets and companies and cases involving pensions and trusts.
Michael is a member of the Family Law Bar Association, and an affiliate member of Resolution. As a Solicitor he was accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under the Family Law Accreditation Scheme, and also by ‘Resolution’ in the areas of Advanced Financial Provision and Co-habitation.
He regularly advises unmarried couples concerning both pre-marital (pre and post nuptial deeds), as well as separation issues. He is also an expert on advising same-sex couples on the dissolution of civil partnerships.
Michael regularly deals with jurisdictional issues, and cases involving an international element, and was a former Chairman of the Family & Succession Law Practice group of ‘Eurojuris’.
Michael qualified as a Collaborative lawyer in 2007 and qualified as an Arbitrator in 2012.
Michael’s areas of expertise include:
- Divorce and separation;
- Financial cases, including high net value cases with an international element;
- Pension issues arising from divorce or separation;
- Financial matters involving trusts;
- Co-habitation disputes;
- Injunctions, including the prevention of the disposal of assets in financial proceedings;
- Children Act work, including applications for financial provision for children;
- Inheritance Act claims;
- Pre-nuptial, Co-habitation and Separation deeds;
- Collaborative law;
- Family law Arbitration.
Michael speaks conversational French.
Although Michael is based in the South East he is happy to undertake Arbitrations nationwide.